Skip to main content

If you die, you will be "severely" punished

Warning: This post is morbid. If the macabre makes you sick, please do not read on. If you can handle it, please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times until we come to a complete stop.

----------------

Apparently, a mayor in a small town in south west France has banned his township's residents from dying. He has threated "severe" punishment for anyone who disobeys. (article) The mayor was forced to take drastic action when he realized there was no more room in the graveyard.

I would be interested to see what the "severe" punishment may be. Perhaps instead of a proper burial, these residents may be turned into Soylent Green. What a classic movie! This is part of my DVD collection, and you're welcome to borrow it if you'd like. (Spoiler alert: Soylent Green IS people).
---------------
Speaking of a proper burial, that reminds me of a crazy dream I had the other night. Fortunately, Kevin Bacon did not haunt my dreams this time around.

A friend of mine, who we will call Steve (because this is his real name to protect the innocent), died. I was hired to drive the hearse, but the only vehicle I could find was a Ford F350 Super Duty pickup truck. The truck had a shell over the bed, so in my mind, that makes a pretty good replication of a hearse.

The family couldn't afford a casket for Steve, so we just wrapped his body in toilet paper and threw him into the back of the truck. Now as I reflect back on the experience of this dream, I think maybe we should have tied him down.

Steve's family hopped into the cab of the truck and we were off to cemetery. Every few minutes, Steve's son would say, "I need to stop and use the bathroom." I would pull the truck over to the side of the road so that he could take care of business, but each time I swerved over to the side of the road I would hear Steve's body roll around in the back of the truck. Everybody would laugh and say, "oh well, what more damage can we do?"

After the potty breaks, we finally reach our destination. There were no pall bearers, so I had to lift Steve out of the truck by his arms and drag him over to his final resting place. I did my best to stretch him out over the straps, anchored by pulleys, but I accidentally dropped him into the plot. There were a few screams, but then everybody started chanting in unison, "oh well, what more damage can we do?"
-----------

Now that I have typed all of this up, I hesitate to push the "publish post" button. A few minutes have now gone by, "should I or shouldn't I?"

Oh well, what more damage can I do, eh? If you are reading this, I pushed the button.

Comments

  1. you are a twisted, twisted man. And I love it. Great blog, dude, keep up the good work. You know what's great about wrapping steve up in toilet paper? At least you had it for all of the potty breaks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crazy dreams! I love waking up thinking, "What the poop!" That was a CRAZY dream. Do you think all the potty breaks and toilet paper was your brain trying to tell you something?-Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corey you did it again! You really need to publish these blogs of yours, they are so well written and so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So all I could see is you in this MULLET wrapping a dead body up in TP wearing some really tight wrestler levis. Could be because of Tyler and Lacey's last post, but I think you could TOTALLY pull it off!! The name Joe Dirt "E" came to mind.. What a creepy dream! Tell me did. What on earth did you eat before you fell asleep that night. I wanna try it for some entertainment. All I get when I fall asleep is a Baby crying.. I long for something a bit more entertaining..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Headlights and Tail Lights, Angels and Demons

We were driving home late the other night and Nathan said, "I like to think of the tail lights in front of us as devils." "And I like to think of the headlights behind us as Angels." "We are leading the battle of Angels and we're chasing all of the devils." I loved the creativity and imagination.  I had to share.  Driving at night will never be the same.  I have a feeling those words will stick with me. I thought a bit beyond his description and thought of those who pass me on the freeway.  They were once the Angels following me into battle.  Are they now Angels in the lead or the demons we chase?  

A Father's Love

The other night, my wife and I were walking out of Walmart and saw a father with two young children.  Just before he left the store and went out into the cold night, the children both looked up at their dad and raised their arms above their heads, looking for comfort from the cold and icy conditions.  He bent down and scooped them up and carried them in each of his arms. Watching the man carrying two children, Coralee looked at me and said, "I remember those days." We both reflected on how quickly time has passed since our children were little.  Days seem to pass more quickly now and it is so easy to get caught up in the crazy and hectic routine that is our lives presently.  It isn't often there is time to slow down and reflect on those days of early parenting.  I speak as though the best memories have passed, but memories continue to be made everyday. Watching this father caused me to reflect on tender moments.  Our youngest is nearly eight years old.  Our oldest is

Hollywood's Best Kept Secret

Are you looking for free entertainment?  Bring your family, a few lawn chairs and an hour or two of your time and you won’t be disappointed.  The stage?  A backyard.  The entertainment?  A couple of horses, 13 chickens and a funny looking bald guy.  The only thing that could improve the performance is if the bald man could somehow figure out how to juggle the chickens while standing on a horse’s back.  I’m working on the juggling act. I have a friend that admitted he’s buying the home behind me because of the entertainment value.  He said when people figure out “Hollywood’s Best Kept Secret”, the home values around me will increase dramatically.  Last year, I bought two horses from a mule ranch in Moab.  Mules are smart.  They test fences by bumping them with their chests.  They will then rise up on their hind legs and leap over the fence like a gazelle.  One of my horses learned the fence jumping skill from the mules.  The first time she jumped the fence, I happened