Skip to main content

10 Things You May Not Know About Me

1. I love horses, but I'm terrified to ride them. Even with the countless times I have ridden, I always petition God for a safe experience before climbing into the saddle.

2. I know I'm supposed to be thankful for all things, but I rarely thank God for adversity. I don't like to step out of my "comfort zone", and difficult challenges are more than I want to face. I realize challenges are for experience and becoming a stronger/better individual, but I'll pass, thank you.


3. I'm a little obsessive/compulsive. You will sometimes catch me pulling whiskers off of my face or hair from my ears. Things that are out of place create chaos for me. Co-workers used to go into my office and move things around just to see if I would notice and put them back into place. They would turn golf balls in display cases slightly askew, pictures slightly out of alignment or move the pen on my desk. I could walk into the room and immediately notice everything that was out of place. I would put those things back in place without realizing I had done so and it generated great entertainment for my peers.


4. I hate shaving. I only shave because 1) I can't grow a beard, 2) I don't want my kisses for Coralee to be abrasive, and 3) because I can't grow a beard, I would look like a mangy badger who just got in a fight with his co-worker for moving around things in his office.


5. I love teaching to small groups of people or even speaking at large events. I have an ability to engage an audience and entertain. I often tell personal stories when I teach, but somehow I can always manage to tie my stories back to my objective.


6. I am not a social person. In fact, I am quite introverted. For example, when I'm finished teaching I don't know how to engage with people afterward. It is very challenging for me to step out of my "comfort zone" and initiate conversations with people. It strikes me as funny that I can get in front of large groups of people and entertain them, but I don't know how to on a personal, one-on-one level.


7. I love children of all ages. Kids are drawn to me. I can make any infant or toddler smile. I'm the dad my kids' friends talk about and like to hang out with. I sometimes worry they go back to their parents and report that Corey Moser is not really a grown up and they should be worried there may not be parental supervision at the Moser's.


8. I love my job. I love the housing/mortgage industry. I love to educate people about it. I take things personally when people do business elsewhere. I recognize there are challenges in understanding much of what my industry is about or how to understand all that goes into buying or refinancing a home, but it pains me to see people taken advantage of. I see that often and I wish that was a part of my industry that was not broken. All of the new regulations have made things more challenging for people to get into homes and not necessarily safer or easier for the consumer to understand. The intent of regulation was to protect individuals, but I think educating and simplifying the process would fix a lot of what is wrong. 


9. I love music. It is always playing around me when I work. It has a calming effect for me. I don't care for talk radio, because it is a distraction for me and makes me passionate for things I otherwise would not have been interested in. Talk radio raises my anxiety because I feel I have to focus on what is being said and it slows my ability to stay focused on the "task at hand.". I don't multi-task well, so you can see how talk radio may be a challenge for me. Speaking of my love of music, I would someday love to be a member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Perhaps someday, I will overcome my fear, step out of my comfort zone and go try out.


10. I am loud, obnoxious and silly around my kids, but would be embarrassed to be the same around my wife. There have been times I didn't realize she was around and she has heard me singing to the cats or dancing to myself in front of the mirror. Most recently, I was sitting on the arm rest of a couch, rocking back and forth and swinging one arm around in the air saying, "I'm riding this couch like a horse." My son looked at me and said, "Dad, Mom is in her office." I turned bright red, dismounted my imaginary horse and retreated to my office.

Comments

Popular Posts

Headlights and Tail Lights, Angels and Demons

We were driving home late the other night and Nathan said, "I like to think of the tail lights in front of us as devils." "And I like to think of the headlights behind us as Angels." "We are leading the battle of Angels and we're chasing all of the devils." I loved the creativity and imagination.  I had to share.  Driving at night will never be the same.  I have a feeling those words will stick with me. I thought a bit beyond his description and thought of those who pass me on the freeway.  They were once the Angels following me into battle.  Are they now Angels in the lead or the demons we chase?  

A Father's Love

The other night, my wife and I were walking out of Walmart and saw a father with two young children.  Just before he left the store and went out into the cold night, the children both looked up at their dad and raised their arms above their heads, looking for comfort from the cold and icy conditions.  He bent down and scooped them up and carried them in each of his arms. Watching the man carrying two children, Coralee looked at me and said, "I remember those days." We both reflected on how quickly time has passed since our children were little.  Days seem to pass more quickly now and it is so easy to get caught up in the crazy and hectic routine that is our lives presently.  It isn't often there is time to slow down and reflect on those days of early parenting.  I speak as though the best memories have passed, but memories continue to be made everyday. Watching this father caused me to reflect on tender moments.  Our youngest is nearly eight years old.  Our oldest is

Hollywood's Best Kept Secret

Are you looking for free entertainment?  Bring your family, a few lawn chairs and an hour or two of your time and you won’t be disappointed.  The stage?  A backyard.  The entertainment?  A couple of horses, 13 chickens and a funny looking bald guy.  The only thing that could improve the performance is if the bald man could somehow figure out how to juggle the chickens while standing on a horse’s back.  I’m working on the juggling act. I have a friend that admitted he’s buying the home behind me because of the entertainment value.  He said when people figure out “Hollywood’s Best Kept Secret”, the home values around me will increase dramatically.  Last year, I bought two horses from a mule ranch in Moab.  Mules are smart.  They test fences by bumping them with their chests.  They will then rise up on their hind legs and leap over the fence like a gazelle.  One of my horses learned the fence jumping skill from the mules.  The first time she jumped the fence, I happened